This note is about how to make a simple image search by another image with Tensroflow.
This type of search is useful:
- If you need to find similar images in your image database.
- If you need to be sure that new image which you want to add to your collection is unique.
- Other cases.
Example from Google:
- Extract features from all images in your database with pretrained tensorflow model for image classification (MobileNet in this example).
- Extract feature from image which you want to use for search.
- Get the distance between feature vectors and sort them in ascending order.
- The distance that is closer to zero will correspond to the most similar image.
In this example we used image database from Meming Bot.